* There are 6,500 acres under cultivation statewide, with annual production running between 6 and 7 million pounds.
* Kona has produced coffee continuously since the early 1800’s and supports nearly 600 independent farms. Farms average 3 acres and only a few have 50 or more acres. Total Kona coffee acreage is more than 2,000 acres, producing more than 2 million pounds in most years.
* Kauai has the largest coffee orchard in Hawaii and in the United States with 3,000 acres in production.
* Maui has many small coffee farms spanning from Kaanapali, the slopes of Haleakala, and an organic farm in Hana. Maui has over 500 acres of coffee planted in valleys, the slopes of Haleakala and converted sugar cane lands.
* Oahu has more than 100 acres of coffee in Wahiawa and Waialua.